5 Dallas Officers Killed at Protest Against Police Shootings

Discussion in 'The Homeland' started by Vergennes, Jul 8, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Vergennes

Vergennes Captain Staff Member Ret. Military International Mod

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
    Bundeswehr, AMDR, Technofox and 2 others like this.
  2. Technofox

Technofox That Norwegian girl Staff Member Ret. Military Developer

Professional "Doer" of "Things"
    Hobby:
    Being a geek
    AMDR, Spectre, Parikrama and 2 others like this.
  3. Pathfinder

Pathfinder Lieutenant Colonel

The racial tensions are very high in America, there were back to back shootings of innocent black males. These shootings were different from the previous ones where the officers had somewhat of a case for shooting the men but this time its completely different. I think we have the perfect atmosphere for the rebirth of the Black Panthers here in the US. Black unemployment is high, relations with the police are very bad, and the rise of Donald Trump and his supporters. A perfect storm.

AMDR, Strategist and Parikrama like this.
  4. Vergennes

Vergennes Captain Staff Member Ret. Military International Mod

I am not going to criticize all the US police officers,as the majority do their job with the first task is to protect everyone whatever their race is and who are ready to give their lives for the public safety. Then there's a minority of US police officers that should never have been officers at the first place. I know that some officers might work with the paranoia of being shot,which is understandable because everyyear a lot of cops get shot and killed,and they don't want this to happen to them.
    But you have to look at the recent cases of police shootings. Read about Philando Castile's murder. And also the execution of Alton Sterling.
    -
    Look at Walter Scott's case. He didn't represent a threat to the officer,but fled at a turtle's speed,couldn't he chase him and put him on the ground instead of directly reaching his gun and shooting him ?

-
    I am not justifying this shooting at all,and may they RIP,all the thought to the families of the affected one.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  5. Parikrama

Parikrama 2nd Lieutenant

snooze w/o booze
    Hobby:
    Sipping Tea/Coffee
    The racial crimes are increasing a lot.. On top the two potential prez nominees Trump and CLinton are playing safe for the black voter appeasement.

I think USA requires someone like Martin Luther King and Abraham Lincoln back..

Every society has issues.. But violence seems to be a knee jerk reaction with trigger happy mania all over.. Its not even a combat zone or war zone.. its freaking normal homeland..

after 9/11 its the highest casualty for the police forces.. they had to deploy SWAT team.. they took on SNIPERS.. sniper in urban combat!! Is this really happening?

I think a way forward would be
    1. Try to bridge the gap between the races by building more confidence and addressing some key issues
    2. Need to understand USA is United states implying its a amalgamation of different races and culture who are given a equal right under their constitution.
    3. A bit more respect for the dark skinned ppl and who are called as "blacks"
    4. Need the police forces, law enforcement ppl and media to be a bit more emphatic to dark colored ppl concerns.
    5. Need control in gun culture.. its too many casualties without any substantiate reasoning..
    6. Key need is to revive economy with more job creation to make ppl feel a bit more secured and make them understand how to value lives...

RIP for the ones who lost lives.. our thoughts for the families and all the ones who are affected..