Bundeswehr G36 Replacement

Discussion in 'German Defense Forum' started by Bundeswehr, Mar 19, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Bundeswehr

Bundeswehr Captain

this thread will be inform people of the German military's replacement competition of the G36 Rifle.

2. Bundeswehr

Bundeswehr Captain

The HK443 which has features from both the G36 and HK416 is chambered in 5.56mm rounds.
    HK443.jpg

Kat, Ajax and Jagdkommando like this.
  3. Bundeswehr

Bundeswehr Captain

The Rheinmetall-Steyr Mannlicher RS556 is another rifle competing. The RS556 has been in production since 2016 and now being offered to the German armed forces as a replacement of the G36 rifle. The RS556 is chambered in 5.56mm rounds.
    1.jpg

Kat, Ajax and Jagdkommando like this.
  4. Ajax

Ajax 2nd Lieutenant

which one do you think has the best chance of becoming standard?

5. Bundeswehr

Bundeswehr Captain

HK443 because HK is almost common in our military Rheinmetall has produced very few actual firearms for us such as MG3, M2 and is developing the RMG.50 to replace the M2. though we want a rifle in that is similar to HK416 for special forces, so i would not be surprised if the RS556 wins in the special forces competition.

Ajax and YarS like this.
  6. Bundeswehr

Bundeswehr Captain

SIG Sauer is now offering the MCX rifle. The MCX might have a chance because our Dutch Brothers bought some for their armed forces.
    MCX.png

Ajax, Zaslon and Kat like this.
  7. Kat

Kat 1st Lieutenant

Kat
    Hobby:
    =^_^=
    I like the stock, but the hand guard seems like it would be a maintenance nightmare. All those holes will make the rifle lighter, but also allow so much dirt and funk up into the sensitive parts of the rifle.

The HK433 is my preferred candidate. It takes the good of the HK416 and marries it to the familiar of the G36, which will make the transition away from the G36 easier as the rifle will feel normal in the hands of experienced soldiers.

[​IMG]

The MCX looks like a nifty piece of kit, but I wouldn't buy it with that hand guard.

[​IMG]

At very least adding a guard to the lower part of the hand guard might help mitigate issues with fouling.

[​IMG]

Cool design though. I love the skeleton stock, I'm just not sure how comfortable it'd be for regular use in an Armed Forces, where a bit of heft makes sustained fire less painful.

And what's wrong with going the HK416 route? Why an entirely new and untested rifle like the HK433 or MCX? The HK416 is a proven, reliable rifle that is well regarded by its users. The HK416A5 takes all the improves made in the HK416N and adds them to the base design making for one fantastic service arm.

[​IMG]

Bundeswehr likes this.
  8. Bundeswehr

Bundeswehr Captain

@Kat I will agree with you I have a feeling the HK443 will win and become the new standard rifle of the armed forces but we also have competition for the Special forces and they are really looking into acquiring the RS556 assault rifle. I kind of have a feeling the MCX will be terminated because SIG model weapons are not that popular or common among the German soldiers but are loved by our Police forces. on the HK416, that was our original plan to do so but it was to expensive to do in the long run so the HK416 is to be used by special forces units.

Kat likes this.
  9. Kat

Kat 1st Lieutenant

Kat
    Hobby:
    =^_^=
    Yeah the HK416 is pretty costly, so no surprise there. I've heard that the HK433 was designed partially to offer the Germany Military features that the HK416 doesn't have like a folding stock, but also because it can be adapted to fire the .300blk round which is becoming more popular with special forces and as a PDW.

[​IMG]

Any truth to this? Does the Germany Military have a requirement for a .300blk round?

It would make sense though. Having a rifle that can be adapted to multiple rounds, and collapsible allows both infantry and special forces to be able to respond to their unique threat package. The .300blk is a beast too. 7.62x39 performance in a 5.56x45 size.

10. Tirdad

Tirdad 2nd Lieutenant

i dont know !!!
    Hobby:
    ww2 military history
    i really dont know if we had`nt someone like REZA and MOHAMMADREZA shah,

what would happened ???