Can I join the army with criminal record

Discussion in 'U.S. Army' started by David, Apr 10, 2018.

Share This Page

1. David

David Officer Candidate

Hobby:
    Jiu-Jitsu
    I am wondering if I will be turned away for having a couple juvenile offenses and one adult offense on my record? They include;

Juvenile: Retail theft of under $50
    Driving with no proof of insurance
    Adult: DUII of alcohol - got a diversion

All of this happened 8 plus years ago and nothing is pending in courts. Any information is greatly appreciated.

2. David

David Officer Candidate

Hobby:
    Jiu-Jitsu
    Also, I am not an officer candidate. I can't seem to find where to change that.

3. BlueHawk

BlueHawk Major

Hobby:
    Sport
    Hi there David. If i would be your recruiter i would not have any problem with you. What you have is just some small stuff. I would be very surprised if they deny you getting in to military. Start training your self to be fit and stamina.And good luck with your future soldier!

4. BlueHawk

BlueHawk Major

Hobby:
    Sport
    That is not a problem. You will all ways get time to show that you are able to lead. My best tips for you to get a head start. Show caring for your brothers. in the long run you will all ways score well for being a officer or officer candidate.

5. David

David Officer Candidate

Hobby:
    Jiu-Jitsu
    Thank you BlueHawk, I told the screener about it all and the recruiter called 2 minutes after the screening call. But my recruiter did not ask about my criminal history. I have a meeting with him in two days and plan to let him know every detail. I just didn't want to look like a fool trying to join when it may be futile. You gave me more hope and your input is greatly appreciated.

BlueHawk likes this.