Comms Gear Question

Discussion in 'Firearms & Gear' started by Just_Ri, Mar 3, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Just_Ri

Just_Ri Officer Candidate

Mar 3, 2017
    I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to communications so any advice would be very helpful and greatly appreciated.
    I have recently acquired a pair of MSA Sordin comtacs (model no. 76321). The cable that leads to the PTT is a Lemo 6pin so I purchased a Lemo 6pin to 3m adapter. I believe my PTT is a "cheap knock-off".
    My problem is when I have everything connected to my radio and I'm wearing the comtacs, I can transmit to other radios but I am unable to receive transmissions from other radios. I've tried everything I can think of to try to resolve the problem with no luck.
    My question is... could the cheap PTT I have be the problem? As in, would a cheap PTT prevent the Sordins from working properly?I've heard about "amplified PTTs" like the Nexus U94 and I'm wondering if that's what I need.
    Like I said, I'm not a comms expert so I'm sure this question may seem trivial to anyone who is knowledgeable about communications. I'm just trying to get my personal gear working correctly.
    Thanks in advance!