DPRK Launches Ballistic Missile, Again.......

Discussion in 'East Asia & The Pacific' started by Pathfinder, Feb 12, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Pathfinder

Pathfinder Lieutenant Colonel

North Korea Fires Ballistic Missile, Challenging Trump

[​IMG]

SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea launched a ballistic missile toward the sea off its eastern coast on Sunday, in what South Korea called the North’s first attempt to test President Trump’s policy on the isolated country.

A projectile believed to be a modified version of the North’s intermediate-range ballistic missile Musudan took off at 7:55 a.m. from Banghyon, a town near North Korea’s northwestern border with China, and flew 310 miles before falling in the sea, the South Korean military said. Earlier, the United States Strategic Command issued a statement identifying the missile as a medium- or intermediate-range system that “did not pose a threat to North America.”

South Korea condemned the missile launching, saying that it violated a series of United Nations Security Council resolutions that bar North Korea from developing or testing ballistic missile and nuclear weaponstechnologies. It also said the North had launched the missile to raise tensions over its weapons programs and to use it as leverage in dealing with the Trump administration.

“We see this as part of an attempt by the North to grab attention by demonstrating its nuclear and missile capabilities and to counter the new United States administration’s strong policy line against North Korea,” the South Korean military said in its statement.

Continue reading the main story

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    Falcon likes this.
  2. YarS

YarS Lieutenant Colonel

Hobby:
    Wh40k, Battletech
    Good guys. I think Korea should be united, and, taking into consideration economical motivations, only North Korea wanna do it.

3. Falcon

Falcon Major Staff Member Social Media Team

North Korea will eventually collapse like Communism did in Eastern Europe, they can't hide the outside world forever. The collapse of North Korea will be bloody and might turn into something interesting. We might see Chinese and South Korean "Peace Keepers" go in, that might lead to a bigger conflict.

The launch!!!!!! :spinningdevil:

4. YarS

YarS Lieutenant Colonel

Hobby:
    Wh40k, Battletech
    Sure. You are right. As strategic games (like "Angry Birds") teach us - you can't win with passive defence. But you are right only if they really will only hide. If they will think positive and offencive, they have good position for game.
    Turn one: find "traitors" (especially in Korean nationalists) in South Korea.
    Turn two: capture Seul and big cities.
    Turn three: make a referendum about re-uniting and new Constitution.
    Turn four: actual uniting of Korea on the terms of North Korea (Russia and China).
    [......]
    Turn six: PROFIT!!!! (and disco)

To prevent blood it will be a good option to reunite Korea on our term - with Chines and Russian peacekeepers in South Korea. They have good shipyards, and we need a good fleet of invasion.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  5. Falcon

Falcon Major Staff Member Social Media Team

I see your perspective but you need to keep in mind that the military balance of power in Korea lies in the South, the DPRK's military is completed outdated and is thus no match for the South.

VS

Pathfinder likes this.
  6. YarS

YarS Lieutenant Colonel

Hobby:
    Wh40k, Battletech
    Ha! Keep in mind Russian and China "volunters" that will block or eliminate South Korea's army. Korean peninsula is only eight times larger that Crimean peninsula, and Republic of Korea only 3,7 times larger that Crimea.

Really DPRK's army will need to be translators and patrolling unites. I'm sure they can keep order in the captured cities and all of them can speak Korean.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  7. YarS

YarS Lieutenant Colonel

Hobby:
    Wh40k, Battletech

It's such a warm place,
    But there on the street,
    Where our footprints are waited for,
    Stardusted boots
    Sparkle and shine.

Here are the shepherds and upholstered chair,
    Dazzling dreams below the bright sun, orb,
    The trigger untouched
    When it was the right time.
    My blood type mark is on the sleeve,
    There's my ordinal number marked on the sleeve,
    Wish me now some luck in the fight,
    Sayin' now, sayin'!

I won't stay in this field of green,
    I won't stay in this field of green,
    Wish me now to be lucky,
    Sayin' now, sayin'!
    ... Be lucky!
    I am able to pay, but I never want
    A triumph at any price,
    I never want
    Someone's chest lying under my foot.
    I would rather stay here with you,
    Just to stay here with you,
    But the star which is high in the skies
    Still gives me the route.
    My blood type mark is on the sleeve,
    There's my ordinal number marked on the sleeve,

8. yavar

yavar 1st Lieutenant

Hobby:
    job
    North Korea images testfire strategic Hwasong-12 IRBM پرتاب آزمایشی موشک هوآسونگ-۱۲

کره شمالی موشک نوع جدیدی آزمایش کرد
    خبرگزاری رسمی کره شمالی در بیانیه ای اعلام کرد موشکی که روز یکشنبه شلیک شد از نوع موشک بالستیک راهبردی جدید با نام هواسونگ 12 / Hwasong-12 است. هواسونگ 12 موشکی میان برد با قابلیت تبدیل به موشک دور برد است.
    در این بیانیه آمده است کیم جونگ اون رهبر کره شمالی شخصا نظاره گر آزمایش این نوع جدید از موشک بود.
    خبرگزاری رسمی کره شمالی در بیانیه خود همچنین اعلام کرد هدف از آزمایش موشکی روز یکشنبه بررسی جزئیات فنی و ویژگی های نوع جدیدی از موشک با قابلیت حمل یک کلاهک هسته ای قوی و بزرگ و همچنین تایید قابلیت یک موتور جدید موشک بود که به تازگی در این کشور ساخته شده است.
    در این بیانیه همچنین آمده است این موشک جدید پس از رسیدن به ارتفاع دو هزار و 111 کیلومتری ، مسافتی 787 کیلومتری را طی کرد و دقیقا در محلی که برنامه ریزی شده بود فرود آمد.
    http://fa.alalam.ir/news/1968157

Pyongyang, May 15 (KCNA) -- A test-fire of new ground-to-ground medium long-range strategic ballistic rocket Hwasong-12 was successfully carried out on Sunday by scientists and technicians in the field of rocket research, who are bravely advancing toward a new goal to be proud of in the world, true to the far-sighted idea of Kim Jong Un, chairman of the Workers' Party of Korea, chairman of the State Affairs Commission of the DPRK and supreme commander of the Korean People's Army, for building a nuclear power.
    http://www.kcna.kp/kcna.user.specia...f;jsessionid=77AAF4B99928A3BCDB4E289D4CCB80EE

YarS and Pathfinder like this.
  9. yavar

yavar 1st Lieutenant

Hobby:
    job
    KCTV DPRK North Korea liquid propellent strategic IRBM Hwasong-12 پرتاب آزمایشی موشک هوآسونگ-۱۲

Pyongyang, May 15 (KCNA) -- A test-fire of new ground-to-ground medium long-range strategic ballistic rocket Hwasong-12 was successfully carried out on Sunday by scientists and technicians in the field of rocket research, who are bravely advancing toward a new goal to be proud of in the world, true to the far-sighted idea of Kim Jong Un, chairman of the Workers' Party of Korea, chairman of the State Affairs Commission of the DPRK and supreme commander of the Korean People's Army, for building a nuclear power.
    http://www.kcna.kp/kcna.user.specia...f;jsessionid=77AAF4B99928A3BCDB4E289D4CCB80EE
    KCTV DPRK North Korea liquid propellent road-mobile strategic IRBM “Hwasong-12”

Pathfinder and YarS like this.
  10. yavar

yavar 1st Lieutenant

Hobby:
    job
    this one exposed the alot about who is running program,
    i think Uzi Rubin prediction is coming true

what to remember not to confuse this one with Emad, Emad is more davance
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2017
    YarS likes this.
Tags: