F-35 Declared Combat Ready

Discussion in 'U.S. Air Force' started by Pathfinder, Aug 2, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Pathfinder

Pathfinder Lieutenant Colonel

F-35 fighters combat ready, Air Force says

mqurtt3moipuzo0cect7.jpg

The U.S. Air Force says the most expensive weapons system in its history is ready for combat.

The service said Tuesday that its version of the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, the F-35A Lightning, has reached IOC (Initial Operating Capability), meaning that it is developed enough and has passed the proper tests to be flown on combat missions.
    "I am proud to announce this powerful new weapons system has achieved initial combat capability," Gen. Hawk Carlisle, commander of Air Combat Command, said. "The F-35A will be the most dominant aircraft in our inventory because it can go where our legacy aircraft cannot and provide the capabilities our commanders need on the modern battlefield."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/02/polit...5-combat-ready0628PMStoryLink&linkId=27207050

2. Pathfinder

3. Technofox

Technofox That Norwegian girl Staff Member Ret. Military Developer

Professional "Doer" of "Things"
    Hobby:
    Being a geek
    So what's next on the list of things people are going to complain about?

The paint job?

AMDR likes this.
  4. AMDR

AMDR Captain Staff Member Administrator

Student
    "No GBU-54? DEATH SPIRAL!!!!"

Technofox likes this.
  5. YarS

YarS Lieutenant Colonel

Hobby:
    Wh40k, Battletech
    F-35 Hacked!

http://www.repubblica.it/cronaca/2017/01/14/news/hacker_russi_aeronautica-155988414/

Italian guys said, that servers of flight control for F-35 were hacked.

So, do you really think, that F-35 is really "ready" if Russian hackers can change it's MDF (mission data files)?
    And yes, Italians can't make MDF by themselves. In "normal" situation - Yanks will make MDF, in "not so normal" - Russian hackers.
    http://www.analisidifesa.it/2016/08/litalia-e-lf-35-confermata-la-sovranita-limitata/

6. BlueHawk

BlueHawk Captain

Hobby:
    Sport
    Is there any one who have knowledge on how many targets the f35 target lock system kan do in one run? And what do you guys do to day if you guys fly combat formation. Who choose who if u guys see 10 or 15 enemy planes on the radar? What is the normel strategy u guys run in US military. I would like to know. For i have more information how to be more tactical. And easyer way to bring down the enemy by not wasting to many missile on the same plane. More djuce can deliver if u share some to me :) ;)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    Pathfinder likes this.
  7. Pathfinder

@BlueHawk doesn't fully answer your question but talks about some tactics. The biggest thing for the F-35 and its new tactics is taking advantage of all of the intelligence and information that the F-35 pulls in.

8. BlueHawk

BlueHawk Captain

Hobby:
    Sport
    @Pathfinder We have 2 key factor. If u have better radar than the other part. Like you say you will get faster information befor other part spott you. Have missile tech who can adapt the enemy plane strenght and weakness. Software u use for the plane to operate with the tech you are using play also a role. What i can call smart attac. If u see 20 or 50 enemy planes and your squadrone on like say 30 planes. You guys cant say i take this one and u take this one. You dont have time and all planes on the squadron will lunch there missile. But what you can end up with. that 3 or 4 planes will use there missile on 1 plane. And that is waste of missile. If not the other ones will smart seek other ones if that 1 plane goas down. So how do u solve this problem? It is easy. One lead the target aim on all enemy planes. Where the other 29 planes get target informasjon from the 1 first one. So the computer sellect for every one what planes what will be fired on and how many. That is effectiv target aim attac. But there is another strategy how to spott them long befor they spott you. What tactical move will u use then. I have solution to that problem too? U want to hear that one :)?

Pathfinder likes this.
  9. YarS

YarS Lieutenant Colonel

Hobby:
    Wh40k, Battletech
    Funny video. First of all - AIM-120D (may be) will aviable for F-35 since "block 4", i.e. not earlier 2020. Now they can use only AIM-120C7, with less range, and without option to be controlled from other plane. Next moment - if F-35 turn on their radars, MiG-35 know, at least, direction on them. Also, MiG-35 can wait on the large distance with useless exchange of missiles, and becouse it have more missiles - they will win, or can change distance to the close combat - there they have a great superiority.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  10. YarS

YarS Lieutenant Colonel

Hobby:
    Wh40k, Battletech

Watch, how helmet jumping out from 10 sec.

And yes, did they try to use this helmet with bikers - how many of them will be still alive after using this "Hi-Tech" for the year?