Future battlefields: Belgium 2022

Discussion in 'Europe' started by YarS, Oct 24, 2016.

Share This Page

1. YarS

YarS Lieutenant Colonel

Hobby:
    Wh40k, Battletech
    We are making new RPG with economical and military simulators about Belgium in WW3.
    Introdution:
    "It is 2022. Elizabeth Theresa Maria Elena Belgian, Duchess of Brabant, by this time reached the age of 21, first in line to the throne, chooses you (by mutual agreement) on the role of husband. Love, as they say, evil. You live in perfect harmony, spending your third honeymoon (without delving into international politics) and then, Boooom, war. Operational time - Oct. 8 2022. Your father-in-law and mother-in-law, decided to escape, but they did not - were shot down by air defense US NAVY ship. In place of government house is a radioactive crater. Your wife is Queen, you - the Prince-consort, who, of course, seeks to protect his wife from all the trouble and worries, and in general - for personal survival you need a Belgian herd to lead to surviving. Surviving Ministers and commanders swear allegiance to your wife. According to available information, Belgium was hit hard with a twenty nukes. About 2 million dead, a crapload of walking wounded. In the middle East is also flashed, the Norwegian oil fields are burned by Russian reiders.
    What will you do, Player? The version of "run in Australia" not to consider"

So, I'm interested in any materials about closest future of this country.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  2. YarS

YarS Lieutenant Colonel

Hobby:
    Wh40k, Battletech
    First questions:
    1. What is the difference betweeen "droogmakerij", "indijking" and "ontginning"?
    2. Do you have maps of expected floodings after nuclear strikes, and plans of evacuation from flooded areas?

3. T-123456

T-123456 Captain Staff Member International Mod

Ontginning - land reclamation from the sea.
    Indijking - embankment,building a dike so that the land cant be flooded by river or sea water.
    Droogmakerij - reclamation of a polder,pumping out the water from polders,this was done by windmills or steam pumps in the past.
    (Polder - a piece of low-lying land reclaimed from the sea or a river and protected by dykes.)
    The Netherlands has reclaimed alot of land from the sea in this way.

YarS likes this.
  4. YarS

YarS Lieutenant Colonel

Hobby:
    Wh40k, Battletech
    Thank you. Do you have a map of lands lower that the level of sea?

May I ask, what is your first language?

5. T-123456

Here are some maps of the Netherlands,

upload_2016-10-24_16-14-39.png

upload_2016-10-24_16-13-51.png

My first language is Dutch then German Turkish and English(in that order).

YarS likes this.
  6. YarS

YarS Lieutenant Colonel

Hobby:
    Wh40k, Battletech
    Thank you.

Do you speak French? What can you say about French-speaking "Belges et Belges"? How many potentional traitors between them?

7. T-123456

I speak a little French,enough to get around in France/Belgium.
    What do you mean by traitors?
    From my experience,the French speaking Belgium rather be aligned to France,i have been in Wallonia many times,although most of them speak Flemish(Dutch dialect),they refuse to speak it,you have to ask it in French.
    They hate Flemings.
    Visit Brussels and experience it first hand.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
    YarS and Pathfinder like this.
  8. YarS

YarS Lieutenant Colonel

Hobby:
    Wh40k, Battletech
    In situation of conflict between France and Belgium - what side they will choose?

Really? Why?
    My French is not better my English (and everybody understand it is not my first language). So, in French-speaking countries I preffer to speak French with Canadian and English accent, and wearing cap with red maple leaf. Everybody like Canadians.
    I had never visited Brussel, but I think they hate Russians much more that Flemings.

9. T-123456

The Flemings are rich(economy,industry) and more aligned to the Netherlands,Wallonie is very poor and more like a ''French'' province in Belgium.
    They want independence from Belgium.
    That is impossible in Western Europe,no wars with each other,not in this lifetime.

10. YarS

YarS Lieutenant Colonel

Hobby:
    Wh40k, Battletech
    Does they think, that whithout Flemings they will live better?

There is nothing "impossible" in our world. For example - WW3, Belgium goverment (after getting 20 nuklear blasts) want to exit from war, make a treaty with Russians and became a neutral country. Other NATO countries (including France) will comprehend it as "traitoring", and, of course, will make an attempt of coup or invasion.