Hello from U.S.A.

Discussion in 'Members Introduction' started by ThePaperCut, Jul 26, 2017.

Share This Page

1. ThePaperCut

ThePaperCut Officer Candidate

Hobby:
    Sports
    Hello, I'm ThePaperCut because "ThePaperCutter" was too long of a name to use. I love the history of the world but I love learning about U.S. history more than anything else. Sports are another hobby of mine. I'm currently a Junior in High School and I swim both for my school and a club team, and I run both Spring Track and Fall XC for my school. I plan on joining the Navy straight out of High School and going to BUDs to try my luck at becoming a SEAL. I've wanted to do that since I was about 11 or 12 years old after i learned that my uncle is a SEAL. I feel I will be able to because I've faced many challenges and environments through sports that have definitely showed me that I am capable of doing more than I ever thought I was, and because my uncle is one and my grandfather always wanted to be one so that will give me a little push to do it for them. But I don't plan on joining the military because I have nothing else to do with my life or because I'm not very smart. I will be graduating High School in all Honors and AP classes with a 3.5 GPA (unweighted) and a 1400 on the new SAT. Various college coaches have talked to me as well and asked if I would swim or run for them. But I believe that it is every U.S. citizen's duty to serve in our military for some amount of time. I just love this country too much to not dedicate my life to it. I hope to be learning a lot from the people here!

T-123456, YarS and Pathfinder like this.
  2. BlueHawk

BlueHawk Captain

Hobby:
    Sport
    Sound like you have a good plan. Most important skill traits you need to have to become a seal. You need to have the mental toughness and it is only few who have it. But if there is any tip i can give u on the road. Feeling is just feeling so when u feel pain learn to deal with feeling pain. When people want to give up then is the time you need to keep going.

All the best and welcome.

YarS and Pathfinder like this.
  3. Pathfinder

Pathfinder Lieutenant Colonel

Good choice, after retiring from the military you can take those skills elsewhere and they can pay for your University where you can again get a high GPA. From there anyone will hire you.

YarS likes this.
  4. YarS

YarS Lieutenant Colonel

Hobby:
    Wh40k, Battletech
    Welcome aboard, Sonny!

I hope, our discussions here will be useful for all of us. Good soldier or sailor should also be educated. Your brain is your main weapon - train it, as you train your body.

Tirdad and BlueHawk like this.
  5. T-123456

T-123456 Captain Staff Member International Mod

Welcome to the forum.

6. SaraS

SaraS Officer Candidate

Hobby:
    Helping others
    Hello Everyone,

I am Sara, I am not a navy person but my brother works in the navy. I am a social worker who helps NGO by creating selling T-shirts. I am here to raise more funds for NAVY CORP RELIEF FUND. If you want to join this special cause, you can always by buying cool navy t-shirts from my Teespring store here - https://teespring.com/stores/tshirt-for-seaman

Check Out Cool T-shirt - " I am not a best-seller, but a best-sailor Tshirt" here - https://teespring.com/i-am-best-sailor-tshirt-black

Attached Files: