How to improve gun security and gun law

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by BlueHawk, Feb 1, 2018.

Share This Page

1. BlueHawk

BlueHawk Major

Hobby:
    Sport
    I just want to bring discussion how to improve the Gun law and Security. If you have a good judgment and are able to bring good solution on the table. Please share your thoughts. Is there any restriction you can put on family homes and is there any restriction you can put on gun company who sells fire arms. With to day tech is there anything we can use so it improve safety but still can carry on, having fire arms for civil people?

I just did a quick research and found some source that can give you some understanding. If any one else have some info, put it down here please.

Tech/Security/Law

https://everytownresearch.org/reports/analysis-of-school-shootings/

2. Falcon98

Falcon98 Officer Candidate

If discussion about gun safety and security did the following things, majority of problems would be solved:

#1) Arguments need to be data driven
    #2) Arguments need to be logically consistent
    #3) Arguments need to be devoid of logical fallacies and emotional justifications

both sides of the issue ignore the above as everyone scrambles to their argumentative trench lines and dig in.
    This argument is intellectual siege warfare at it's worst.

If we can do the above, we can make significant strides in solving the gun problem in America while also preserving gun rights.

BlueHawk likes this.
  3. BlueHawk

BlueHawk Major

Hobby:
    Sport
    Ok lets start first with the law.

I would like to give 2 suggestions. Very harsh law on bearing arms in public streets. Carrying deadly weapons also means that it can be used. my sec suggestion is. Go out in community and criminals network. Speak about affection on how it can effect your daily life by different community where people wearing arms and psychological how this affect each other. And maybe also start with giving people money if they hand in guns who is illegal wear or carry. But these steps alone can not solve every problem.

4. Falcon98

Falcon98 Officer Candidate

People who carry arms in public are NOT the people who go around doing mass murder. So being "harsh" on people who public carry doesn't seem like it would impact the problem we are facing. To be clear, I absolutely hate it when I see some dipstick with an AR-15 strapped on his back walking around like king ****. However, said dipstick is not the problem. The problem is mentally and emotionally unstable suicidal people doing mass shootings.

Secondly, law abiding citizens having guns is again not the problem. So doing a gun buy-back isn't going to impact the statistics all that much IMO.

In order to fix the problem we need to focus on what the problem is.

The problem is: mentally and emotionally unstable people having access to guns and going on killing sprees.

So all solutions need to focus on those issues and factors.

For instance, requiring mental health screenings. Having a "cool down" period where a government agency "temporarily" takes your guns from your possession in the event of a divorce, death in the family, loss of job, etc. Having tracking devices and/or alarms on guns such that they go off when within 500 yards of a school or public area that has been deemed a gun free zone. Having strict penalties for anyone caught in possession of a gun without the proper license, etc.

Some of what I list above I disagree with, however it all directly addresses the problem.

5. BlueHawk

BlueHawk Major

Hobby:
    Sport
    @Falcon98 Any people who have desire to kill can kill people. You dont need to have mental problems to kill. But true that people with mental problems have to easy access to guns. And you guys have 320 million people. Every day people in your country gets mental illness.

Installing equipment on guns can also be easy removed. But i like the idea on install tracking device.

When it comes to security. I think one of solution need to be where your not allowed to store guns in homes. But you need to collect your rifle or hand guns in a safe store house. You need to seek permission to the police to be able to collect your weapons if your are planing for hunting or going to shooting range. Then it might be also a good idea what you are saying having a tracking device where tells where it is. And here you can only use your creativity how you will use the software. Maybe also you can implement the bucket list you was saying before you will be able to get green light to access your weapons.