India can write your name on Moon

Discussion in 'Central & South Asia' started by Indx-techs, Jan 21, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Indx-techs

Indx-techs Captain

Hobby:
    Defence enthusiasm
    An Indian Private firm racing for GLXP is writing your name on Moon rover for just $7.5, it's rover will be launched 6 months before Indian government's Chandrayaan soft lander & sample analyzing Moon mission.
    Your name plate on the moon, for a price
    [​IMG]
    Creating history: The name plaque plan is part of a crowd-funding effort by TeamIndus. | Photo Credit: Sudhakara Jain
    A Bengaluru start-up says donors to its moon lander project will be immortalised.
    Anybody wants? @Syed Asif @YarS @Falcon You won't get such a chance on Indian government's rover.:D

Pathfinder likes this.
  2. Pathfinder

Pathfinder Lieutenant Colonel

$7.5 seems too cheap unless the plate is extremely small. The company already made over $75,000. They can market it in the west for $20 a plate.

Indx-techs likes this.
  3. YarS

YarS Lieutenant Colonel

Hobby:
    Wh40k, Battletech
    May be. There is moment, that wary me. To understand soul of Yanks space program you need to watch "Star Wars", "Star Track" or, may be - "The Expance". But what movie can you recommend me to watch for understanding the soul of Indian space program? "Aaryamaan"?

http://www.americanmilitaryforum.co...ies-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly.1652/page-2

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    Indx-techs likes this.
  4. Indx-techs

Indx-techs Captain

Hobby:
    Defence enthusiasm
    Well, India has recently defined configuration of it's Heavy Lift Rockets and announced study of exciting deep space mission, in next decade, if not Voyager, at least something like Sakigake.
    We'll write our own definition for this soul and better Bollywood movies will be there for representing it.

And for Aryaman, superhero shows are f*kin useless.

And sorry for replying late, I was slightly busy.

5. Syed Asif

Syed Asif 2nd Lieutenant

naa Bhai naa. 750 me tu mera pura hafta bray aesh me guzar sakta hai . chand pe naam likhwane se acha hai me 750 ka pizza kha loon . on serious note, India is developing a serious space industry . something which countries like Pakistan cant do due to limited budget and different priorities .

Indx-techs likes this.
  6. Indx-techs

Indx-techs Captain

Hobby:
    Defence enthusiasm
    Late is better than never BTW.
    Even today
    India, Pakistan, Training Together, For Space - Learning the ropes of Rocketry, the building block of a Space programme.

[​IMG]

Indian and pakistan nationals loading Judi-Dart into launcher. This is a part of their training in launching meteorological rockets in connection with the IIOE. Left to Right: D. Eashwardas, Indian Trainee and Salim Mehmud, Pakistan trainee.

For budget remark
    Indian Space Program is very much affordable for Pakistan, starts from just $30 millions a launch for a 3.5 tonnes LEO payload.
    Budget:
    NASA: $19 billions
    CNSA: $4.62 billions
    ROSCOSMOS: $3.5 billions
    JAXA: $1.6 billion
    ISRO: $1.09 billion
    India provides services probably cheapest in world.
    Not very long back, India stopped importing Chinese LEDs because our own are available at dirt cheap prices now and same is being done to semiconductors.
    India chose to spend less on defence, when we could invest $75-80 billions, we did $50 billions which allowed us to spend around $52 billions on scietific researches out of which around $1.1 billion go for space, and with rest in medical and engineering sector,

India added 45.6K+ more intellectual properties and patents alone in 2016, beating some developed economies in per capita. Means it's everywhere in tech, not in space only.
    http://m.hindustantimes.com/india-n...ally-report/story-TaON2IOAwgqoF8bWbYazWJ.html

Though, current feat in space is nothing.

India just announced the rendezvous space docking (for having space station) and completed space suit and life support systems for Vyomanauts. plus published the paper over searching and utilizing resources on Moon with setting up an observatory there (science fiction like though), deep space missions to far planets like Jupiter & some to leave solar system. Next 50-60 years are very exciting. Even next 10-15 years.

I'm a professional space enthusiast, just the way I cover Indian Space program, I cover around the world, you can ask me anything about SUPARCO. Thank you for appreciation.:)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    Syed Asif likes this.
  7. YarS

YarS Lieutenant Colonel

Hobby:
    Wh40k, Battletech
    Science fiction is a dream of society. It set goals, it show vision of future. What are your far goals in the space explorations? Show me good Indian Sci-Fi movies, pls.

Actually not. I'm not very familiar with Yanks culture, I don't know what are the differences between "Superman" and "Batman" - who is alien, and who - mutant, but big number of "superhero" movies show ideology of USA - ideology of individualism and a ratial superiority. Even they try to make a movie about team of "superhumans" it is a fault, there no "organisation", there are "crowd of individuals".
    Other interesting moment - westies like "horror movies". Russians can't make "horror movies", we have a different "sense of fear". Our comedies are very different both from East ans West ones, becouse we have a different "sense of humour".
    So, now we a talking about Indian space program, and about dreams of Indian people.

No problem.

8. Indx-techs

Indx-techs Captain

Hobby:
    Defence enthusiasm
    Natural Resources and setting up bases.

I can only post statements from officials here.
    Movies don't represent Indian Aspirationsn
    Ra.one like movies are okay.

I don't think we are good yet in making sci fi movies.
    We have either drama (love story, smuggling, somebody's life or biography or emotional movies) or horror movies worthy of watching. Sci Fi in India still sucks.

India is a latecomer in critical technologies in modern space industry. Common people may take time to understand. Plus, salary of Indian Scientists is still low, at least as compared to other agencies.

9. YarS

YarS Lieutenant Colonel

Hobby:
    Wh40k, Battletech
    Is that all? I very doubt in it.

If you are enthusiast - you must have your own opinion.

Ok. Show me sci-fi books.

Thank you. I'll see.

And what about foreigh movies? What Sci-Fi movies do you like?

Sorry. I hope, in future you will make Sci-Fi movies or write good Sci-Fi books.

Lame excuse. First Sci-Fi movie ("Le Voyage dans la Lune") was made in 1902. Of course, modern India much more rich and educated that France 115 years ago.

10. Indx-techs

Indx-techs Captain

Hobby:
    Defence enthusiasm
    I can provide source for it.
    If something has been announced by government, I'm irrevalent.
    May be, but scientific temper here is created via textbooks, not Sci Fi books.

So, many exhibitions and quizzes from smallest schools to biggest institutions.