Live US Hellfire missiles found on a passenger flight in Serbia

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Vergennes, Mar 13, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Vergennes

Vergennes Captain Staff Member Ret. Military International Mod

@Pathfinder @Falcon Last time one of your Hellfire ended up in Cuba. :D
    -
    Serbia's authorities are investigating reports that a cargo package bound for the US containing two missiles with explosive warheads was found on a passenger flight from Lebanon to Serbia.

N1 television said the package with two guided armor-piercing missiles was discovered Saturday by a sniffer dog after an Air Serbia flight from Beirut landed at Belgrade airport.

Serbian media say documents listed the final destination for the AGM-114 Hellfire missiles as Portland, Oregon. The American-made projectiles can be fired from air, sea or ground platforms.

N1 reported Sunday that Air Serbia is helping in the investigation. The Serbian flag carrier says "security and safety are the main priorities for Air Serbia."

http://www.businessinsider.de/live-...a-passenger-flight-in-serbia-2016-3?r=US&IR=T

Pathfinder and Falcon like this.
  2. Falcon

Falcon Major Staff Member Social Media Team

It was probably sold to the Iraqis original then its was probably captured by ISIS, then sold to an arms dealer, who sold it someone else until it showed up in Lebanon. Why would then send it on a flight bound to America? Maybe a potential terror attack was avoided?

Pathfinder likes this.
  3. Pathfinder

Pathfinder Lieutenant Colonel

I don't know how this happens, I guess this is what goes along with being the worlds largest arms exporter :0-:.

I like Falcons theory, most likely it was captured by ISIS. Another possibility could be a corrupt commander that sells it to make a few bucks on the side.