Marines Conduct Winter Training in Vermont

Discussion in 'U.S. Marine Corps' started by Pathfinder, Jan 16, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Pathfinder

Pathfinder Lieutenant Colonel

Hundreds of Marines conduct winter training

Seven-hundred Marine reservists from the 1st Battalion, 25 regiment are in the midst of a two-week annual training exercise at Ethan Allen Firing Range. From Bivouacing in subzero weather in tents, to live fire exercises against a simulated enemy, it's no walk-in the park for these part-time warriors. "It was snowing so bad yesterday that we couldn't even see our targets up to 250-500 feet," said Sgt. Troy Montville, United States Marine Corps Reserve.

On the agenda for this group from the third platoon, third company is a mission to deny enemy forces freedom from movement. "So, what we're trying to do is deny them route access on Castle Valley, so that they can't resupply any of their forces," said Sgt. Richard Silveira, U.S. Marine Corps Reserve.

After the briefing, squads group up and head into the war zone. There was a squad of Marines up in the tree line with live fire of machine guns. The idea behind the exercise is for the squad to come out of the woods doing buddy rushing and engaging a group called the Jericho Militia, which is the enemy.

9637866_G.jpg

9637867_G.jpg

9637869_G.jpg

9637874_G (1).jpg

9637876_G.jpg

http://www.wcax.com/story/30948676/hundreds-of-marines-train-in-vermonts-harsh-winter-conditions

AMDR and Technofox like this.
  2. Technofox

Technofox That Norwegian girl Staff Member Ret. Military Developer

Professional "Doer" of "Things"
    Hobby:
    Being a geek
    Hmm, they seem to be missing somethingo_O. I can't quite put my finger on it... oh wait, it's coming back to me.

Welcome to Norway; enjoy your Summer.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hope it's cold in Vermont, because that doesn't look like Winter to me:eek:.

Pathfinder and AMDR like this.
  3. Pathfinder

Pathfinder Lieutenant Colonel

It's the bad kind of cold. Cold without snow. Speaking of cold, Winter this year sucks, its like its early spring already.

Technofox likes this.