Militants kill 10 Iranian border guards in attack on frontier with Pakistan

Discussion in 'The Middle East & North Africa' started by Tirdad, May 20, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Tirdad

Tirdad 2nd Lieutenant

i dont know !!!
    Hobby:
    ww2 military history
    Militants kill 10 Iranian border guards in attack on frontier with Pakistan
    Sunni militant group Jaish al-Adl claims responsibility for killing of guards in Sistan-Baluchestan province

[​IMG]
    Iranian soldiers on the border between Iran and Pakistan at Mirjaveh. Photograph: Behrouz Mehri/AFP/Getty Images
    Reuters

Wednesday 26 April 2017 20.34 BSTLast modified on Wednesday 26 April 2017 21.33 BST

Ten Iranian border guards have been killed by Sunni militants in a cross-border attack on the frontier with Pakistan, according to the Tasnim news agency.

The militant group Jaish al-Adl, or the Army of Justice, claimed responsibility, the report said.

“Ten border guards of Mirjaveh county in Sistan-Baluchestan province were martyred in an ambush by the terrorists in the Pakistani border’s zero-point,” Tasnim said.

In a statement carried on state media, Iranian police said the guards were killed by long-range guns and “the Pakistani government bears the ultimate responsibility of the attack”.

The Sistan-Baluchestan province in south-east Iran has long been plagued by drug smuggling gangs and separatist militants. The population of the province is predominantly Sunni Muslim, while the majority of Iranians are Shias.

Jaish al-Adl is a Sunni militant group that has carried out several attacks on Iranian security forces with the aim of highlighting what they say is discrimination against Sunni Muslims and the Baluch ethnic group in the province.

The militants claimed responsibility for attacks that killed eight border guards in April 2015 and 14 border guards in October 2013.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...er-guards-in-attack-on-frontier-with-pakistan

Pathfinder likes this.
  2. Tirdad

Tirdad 2nd Lieutenant

i dont know !!!
    Hobby:
    ww2 military history
    Iranian border guards has nothing ...

only barbed wire and an 18 yo Soldier armed with AK ...

No hand grenades ... No mg ... no rpg ... no APC ... no IFV/AFV ... no artillery ... no air support ... nothing ...

even they dont have Bandage / First aid kit ... or medic ... nothing ... nothing ... nothing ... and again ...

NOTHING

dont fly in your dreams, my friend ... they are not important to Iranian Pan Terrorist and Pan arab leaders !!!

only arabs are important ... they have family ... iranians are not important ...

money needed to buy equipment and trainings is spent for Terrorists like Hamas and Hezbollah ... or in my enemy`s land like KSA, UAE, Iraq, Palestine, and ...

this is not first time they attacked us ...

3. Pathfinder

Pathfinder Lieutenant Colonel

I heard that Iran may launch cross border attacks into Pakistan as retaliation, @Tirdad what do you think the chance of this is?

With regard to the equipment of Iranian troops can you enlighten us on their counter terrosism capabilities?

@yavar @Persian110 @Tirdad

Tirdad likes this.
  4. Tirdad

Tirdad 2nd Lieutenant

i dont know !!!
    Hobby:
    ww2 military history
    Nothing they do ...

if they wanted to do something ...

they would rienforce our Border guards with light/medium Fire Power ...

i wish uou understood Farsi ...

so you could read these Links ...

https://fa.wikipedia.org/wiki/کشتار_حجاج_در_مکه

http://fararu.com/fa/news/228963/جزییات-تعرض-به-دو-نوجوان-ایرانی-در-فرودگاه-عربستان

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Mina_stampede

yet, they didnt give an answer to these ones !!!

what do yourself think ???

counter terrosism capabilities !!! wtf ???

r u kidding me ???

iran is with them ... look and read what i posted, again ...

in RIP Shah`s Era, one Gendarmerie Bttn, had stopped iraqi army invasion ...

with only 60 Kia s ... we were almost to Capture baqdad ...

after 1979, war lasted for 8 years with many killed, wounded and missing ...

only training in iran is how to pray ... nothing more ...

you just say allahu akbar and everything is ok ...

if you wach iranian war movies ... you will understand many things ...

YarS likes this.
  5. yavar

yavar 1st Lieutenant

Hobby:
    job
    Pakistan shoots down Iran UAV in Pakistan's airspace پاکستان پهپاد ایران را سرنگون کرد

پاکستان پهپاد ایران را در فضای هوایی پاکستان سرنگون کرد

روزنامه داون نیوز پاکستان مدعی شد که نیروی هوایی ارتش پاکستان پهپاد ایرانی را که در نزدیکی مرزهای این کشور سرنگون کرد.
    نیروی هوایی ارتش پاکستان مدعی شد که یک پهپاد ایرانی که در نزدیکی مرزهای این کشور در حال گشت زنی بوده را در منطقه «پروم» واقع در شهر «پنجگور» ایالت «بلوچستان» این کشورمورد هدف قرار داده است.منطقه پنجگور در حدود ۵۰ کیلومتری مرز پاکستان با ایران واقع است.
    بر اساس جزئیات لاشه این پهپاد برای بررسی های بیشتر در اختیار ارتش پاکستان قرار گرفته است. در این گزارش اما به زمان دقیق ساقط کردن این پهپاد اشاره ای نشده است.
    بنا به ادعای این منبع در ۲۴ ساعت گذشته این دومین پهپاد ایران است که ساقط می شود.
    http://fa.alalam.ir/news/1986574

Officials: Pakistan shoots down Iranian drone near border
    ISLAMABAD — Pakistani officials say an air force fighter jet has shot down an unmanned Iranian drone in its southwestern Baluchistan province.
    Both officials Tuesday said the unmanned aircraft was shot down over the weekend and was deep inside Pakistani airspace. They spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak to media.
    The Pakistani Air Force declined to comment on the matter
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...12026319da7_story.html?utm_term=.0ee05278b185