NATO Member Slovakia Acquires Russian Tigr Vehicles

Discussion in 'Land' started by Falcon, Aug 29, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Falcon

Falcon Lieutenant Colonel Staff Member Social Media Team

Slovakia to receive new Russian Tigr 4×4 armored vehicles

1039292885.jpg

Russia’s Military Industrial Company (VPK) has delivered to Slovakia a batch of Tigr armored vehicles, Director General Alexander Krasovitsky said in an interview with TASS on Friday.

“I can say that the Tigr police vehicles were delivered to Slovakia,” Krasovitsky said. A batch of these multipurpose infantry mobility vehicles was also supplied this year to the structures of Russia’s Interior Ministry, he added.

The other customers do not want to be named, Krasovitsky said.

“There are some tools thanks to which we send our vehicles to other countries, and they use them under their brands installing various armament on the Tigr vehicles,” he said.

Rest of it:

http://defence-blog.com/army/slovakia-to-receive-russian-tigr-4x4-armored-vehicles.html

Pathfinder and Technofox like this.
  2. Technofox

Technofox That Norwegian girl Staff Member Ret. Military Developer

Professional "Doer" of "Things"
    Hobby:
    Being a geek
    Good for NATO. Gives us a chance to exercise with Russian equipment.

[​IMG]

I wish more NATO countries in Eastern Europe would try to acquire limited amounts of Russian arms. Nothing on a large scale, it'd be bad to base an entire NATO partners defense on the equipment of a potential adversary, but items like AShMs, submarines, aircraft or air-defense batteries. That's a coup for NATO.

Pathfinder likes this.
  3. Pathfinder

Pathfinder Lieutenant Colonel

Right, a few of these vehicles isn't a big deal, only bad thing is that an American company probably lost the tender.|Bawling|

The scary thing though is that a lot of eastern militaries do have their entire armies pretty much based on Soviet gear, I'm talking Bulgaria, Romania (they have a strong local defense industry), Czech Republic, Slovakia etc. A lot of the Eastern European countries were however manufacturing Soviet equipment back in the Cold War, not sure if the are producing everything from top to bottom. I'm sure the Soviets had influence of their defense industries one way or another, except for maybe Yugoslavia.