Past drug use waiver for future MD

Discussion in 'U.S. Army' started by Strider, Jan 18, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Strider

Strider Officer Candidate

I want to join the national guard as a medical student and then transition into being a physician when I graduate.
    I am taking a dodmerb physical in a couple of days and admitted to taking a hallucinogen in 2009 (it was ecstasy). I am planning to go into the national guard as a medical student. What are the chances this gets waived? I also admitted to smoking marijuana but I also stopped that in 2009. In my head a one time drug use 8 years ago wouldn't possibly be something that would keep me out but now upon doing research it seems that it most likely will. I was uncomfortable lying because I have so much to lose if it comes up in my security clearance somehow.

Tl;dr Has anyone had any experience of someone getting a one time use of a hard drug waived? I was not addicted and have not done a drug since 2009.

2. BlueHawk

BlueHawk Captain

Hobby:
    Sport
    I am from Norway and can only speak from my country. But i know USA in most places in military they are forword thinking. If u dont have any police record where it say you have drugs problem or bad informations that look very negativ. For 20 years ago military in my country did not have much info on drugs use and was hard core on it. But to day if you have done some drugs. But long time ago. It is normel not a problem. And i belive USA military think the same. I would give you a chance :)

3. CMC Cruiser

CMC Cruiser 2nd Lieutenant

Student
    Hobby:
    Making Strategies
    Hmmm the only answer to that is maybe as long as your not proven to be a user but if your proven its highly unlikely i think btw dont go to the philippines vigilantes will murder you even if you stopped being user

4. BlueHawk

BlueHawk Captain

Hobby:
    Sport
    @CMC Cruiser The only problem is if the person have done it over many years. Many build criminal networks and if you do there is a big chance the intell have you in the books. And if it is negativ military will say no.

Tags: