Pilot Selection questions..

Discussion in 'U.S. Air Force' started by braves37, Jul 25, 2017.

Share This Page

1. braves37

braves37 Officer Candidate

Hobby:
    Adrenaline Junkie
    I'm looking for some insight. I've recently spoken to a Officer Line Recruiter. I graduated this past May with my Master's degree in Business. I have no flying experience, but my grades were good and I'm a smart guy. I love the feeling of being part of something elite and I love a challenge. I am preparing for my AFOQT. I bought a study book to study up on the Military Aviation side since I have no experience. My recruiter told me that I won't qualify since my experience is zero. My question is this-- even though I have no experience, what are my chances of being selected for a Rated job if I test well on the appropriate sections of AFOQT?

Pathfinder likes this.
  2. BlueHawk

BlueHawk Captain

Hobby:
    Sport
  3. Pathfinder

Pathfinder Lieutenant Colonel

You need some sort of flying experience, I would recommend getting a civilian pilot license and flying for a year or so. My cousin got flying experience before going into the airfare academy and since then he has been doing great and hasn't had any problems. If you get in without flying experience and everyone else has flying experience you will have a tough time.

Tags: