Russia Violates Turkish Airspace Again

Discussion in 'The Middle East & North Africa' started by Atilla, Jan 30, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Atilla

Atilla Major

No: 33, 30 January 2016, Press Release Regarding the Violation of Turkish airspace on 29 January 2016 by a RF aircraft

Yesterday (29 January 2016) at 11.46 hours local time, a SU-34 type Russian aircraft violated Turkish airspace.

Before the violation actually took place, Russian plane was warned numerous times by Turkish air radar units, (through appropriate channels) both in English and Russian languages.

Despite several previous explicit staments of warnings by both Turkey and NATO, this new violation is yet another concrete example of Russian escalatory behavior.

We once again explicitly call on Russia, to act responsibly and not to violate Turkish Airspace, which is NATO airspace. We underline that such actions could lead to serious consequences, the responsibility of which will totally rest with the Russian Federation.

Russian Ambassador to Ankara has been summoned to the MFA yesterday evening. At the meeting we strongly protested and condemned this violation and reiterated, once again, aforementioned concerns as to the gravity of such violations.

http://www.mfa.gov.tr/no_-33_-30-ja...ce-on-29-january-2016-by-a-rf-aircraft.en.mfa

http://www.milliyet.com.tr/disisleri-bakanligi-ndan-flas-gundem-2186851/

AMDR and Falcon like this.
  2. Atilla

Atilla Major

Heavy Russian propaganda against Turkey with Santa clause shot down images on Twitter. Also saying that Turkey violates Greek Air Space, we already clarified this issue here: https://www.americanmilitaryforum.c...key-greece-airspace-violations-explained.402/

Chance of war looks high or some kind of reaction from Russia if we shoot down another Jet. They are pushing us on purpose. If they can attack Turkey and get no joint NATO reaction then they accomplished a major goal, they prove that NATO is not a serious alliance.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
    AMDR and Falcon like this.
  3. T-123456

T-123456 Captain Staff Member International Mod

We have warned them again with a witness(NATO) this time,we should shoot the next one down again,its time to do some cleanup in Syria.

4. Falcon

Falcon Lieutenant Colonel Staff Member Social Media Team

Statement by the NATO Secretary General on Russian air space violation

A Russian combat aircraft violated Turkish airspace yesterday, despite repeated warnings by the Turkish authorities. Previous incidents have shown how dangerous such behaviour is.

I call on Russia to act responsibly and to fully respect NATO airspace. Russia must take all necessary measures to ensure that such violations do not happen again.

I welcome the direct contacts between Ankara and Moscow, and I call for calm and de-escalation.

NATO stands in solidarity with Turkey and supports the territorial integrity of our Ally, Turkey.

Allies agreed in December to increase the presence of AWACS early warning aircraft over Turkey, as we continue to augment Turkey’s air defences. This decision precedes yesterday’s incident.

http://www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/news_127562.htm
    I don't know what the Russians are trying to achieve here, do they want to show Turkey as a weak player in Syria before the Geneva talks? Do they want to purposefully provoke Turkey to make it look like an irrational player?

AMDR likes this.
  5. T-123456

T-123456 Captain Staff Member International Mod

Plus,they want to see the reaction of NATO,i found it a lame statement from the secretary general.
    Russia is warned now and wont make any other mistake,no more fun i guess.

Atilla likes this.