S. Korea Military Discussions

Discussion in 'East Asia & The Pacific' started by T-123456, Jul 10, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Sejong

Sejong Officer Candidate

I am not sure on the K9's electronic warfare capability but I do know it has CBRN protection which in the K9 has Gas Masks and air purification

BlueHawk likes this.
  2. BlueHawk

BlueHawk Major

Hobby:
    Sport
    @Sejong Thanks for answer. I believe America, Europe, S. Korea and Japan have a weakness there. The only ting we have for the moment that i think can protect it is jamming. Beside that electronics are vulnerable for the tech that can hacks any electronics computers. And wave can be very strong.

Sejong likes this.
  3. Sejong

Sejong Officer Candidate

Lockheed Martin won a $1.2 billion contract to upgrade 130 KF-16s to the V standard. The 130 KF-16s will be equipped with the AN/APG-83 SABR AESA Radar. The first KF-16V will be delivered sometime this year.
    F-16V.jpg

YarS, Matthew East and BlueHawk like this.
  4. Sejong

Sejong Officer Candidate

South Korea ordered 3 more KDX-3 Destroyers also known as Sejong the Great Destroyers, the new 3 will have some updates over the previous 3. The newly ones being built will feature the SM-3, SM-6, Phalanx CIWS. The first 3 only have the SM-2 Block IIIA. The new 3 will also future SM-2 Block IIIB as well but to be supplement by SM-3 and SM-6.
    so in terms of weaponry it will have 1 KM45 Mod 4 naval gun, 1xMK41 VLS for SM-2 Block IIIA, 1xMK41 VLS for 32 SM-3/SM-6 (16 SM-3 and 16 SM-6), 16 SSM-700K Haeseong anti-ship missiles, 1 Phalanx CIWS, 1 RAM Launcher, 1x48 KVLS for 32 Hyunmoo-3 land attack cruise missiles and 16 Hong Sang Eo anti-submarine missiles and will have 2 Torpedo tubes for 6 Chung Sang Eo
    image of KDX-3 Block 2

kdx-3.jpg

YarS and BlueHawk like this.
  5. YarS

YarS Lieutenant Colonel

Hobby:
    Wh40k, Battletech
    @Sejong , what do you think about peaceful reunion of Korea?
    What should be this state?
    I hope, that it will be Democratical Republic, good for all people living there, with good relations with all its neigbours (may be, exept Japan), without foreign (especially Yank's) forces on her territory, with nuclear weapon from North and Hi-Tech and Shipyards of South.