Should Women be Allowed into Combat Positions?

Discussion in 'U.S. Army' started by Admin, Dec 3, 2015.

?

Should women be allowed into combat positions?

1. Absolutely no.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes. No limits.

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Yes, but It depends on the position.

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. No, only as an absolute last resort.

1 vote(s)
    8.3%

Share This Page

1. Admin

Admin Captain Staff Member Administrator

U.S. military opens combat positions to women

By Eric Bradner

Washington (CNN) All U.S. military combat positions are being opened up to women, Defense Secretary Ash Carter announced Thursday

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/03/politics/u-s-military-women-combat-positions/

When voting assume that women must meet the same physical standards as men.

AMDR, T-123456 and Technofox like this.
  2. Technofox

Technofox That Norwegian girl Staff Member Ret. Military Developer

Professional "Doer" of "Things"
    Hobby:
    Being a geek
    Not just yes, but F*** yes!!! Being integrated into combat units has never been a problem for Norwegian women, hell they saw action in Afghanistan!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have plenty more pics of female Norwegian soldiers, we don't limit our women, they are just as much a part of our military as the men are and are allowed into any role.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
    Sinan, AMDR, T-123456 and 3 others like this.
  3. Falcon

Falcon Major Staff Member Social Media Team

It depends on the position and condition of where they will be deployed. I think flying combat missions or being on a ship is fine but I am not to hot on them being in front line combat. It's not that women can't do it but its because of the nature of war. I wouldn't want to see our women captured by the enemy and imprisoned because we all know what will happen then. But on the other side its the girls fault for putting herself into that situation. Its a complex social issue. Should a female with a child be deployed over seas into a war zone where she can be killed, captured, or wounded?

https://www.k-state.edu/media/newsreleases/may11/motherchild50611.html
    http://www.livescience.com/18196-maternal-support-child-brain.html
    http://live.washingtonpost.com/hidden-power-of-mothers.html
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/educatio...ls-for-childrens-education-report-claims.html

When there is a draft should women be called up too just as men are? Who gets called up first? Mommy or daddy?

AMDR, T-123456, Atilla and 2 others like this.
  4. Technofox

Technofox That Norwegian girl Staff Member Ret. Military Developer

Professional "Doer" of "Things"
    Hobby:
    Being a geek
    Yes.

Isn't the US draft a lottery-type system? Our draft is, women have been subjected to the draft since 2013. If it's based on a lottery-type system, then this questions shouldn't be a problem as it doesn't favor any one gender or gender role. Both parties have an equal chance of being drafted.

The same thing that happens to men? Men are subjected to sexual violence and humiliation, torture and execution too. Sexual slavery isn't as common for men, but this question relies on the assumption that the adversary is prone to such anyway. Against ISIS, yes it would put women at a more significant risk of sex-related actions should they be captured, but for a nation abiding by the Geneva Convention relative to the Treatment of Prisoners of War, the risk is lessened.

I enlisted, served in a non-combat unit, but was trained for combat scenarios in an SAR unit that was akin to the US PJs. I knew the risks I put myself through, they didn't bother me. When you sign up to be a soldier you know what you're putting yourself through. Draft conditions may not leave the draftee with the same mind-set or assumption of risk, but if the US is subjected to a draft then you've far greater problems to worry about then the condition of women during war time. At present the US draft is only enacted if the professional, support and contractor force is insufficient, it would take another World War for see the draft called upon again.

I understand where people are coming from, but when we sign up to fight, we know what we're getting ourselves into. I didn't sign up to be coddled or told I'm too delicate to fight, I signed up to kick some a** (or save some in my case).

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  5. Admin

Admin Captain Staff Member Administrator

T-123456 and Atilla like this.
  6. Atilla

Atilla Major

In Turkey we have women in the military but they are only allowed to be professional officers. They are not conscripted. Mostly they do office type work (intelligence officers) but they are also helicopter pilots and fighter pilots. They are also used heavily in overseas deployments where the military interacts with the local population.

431648.jpg

28_1.jpg

afganistan-turk-asker-1.jpg

4444335.JPG

maxresdefault.jpg

ae15f106ed463e433c492b2cee421863.jpg

Woman pilots of the Turkish Air Forces fighter (1).jpg

Woman pilots of the Turkish Air Forces fighter (3).jpg

Sikorsky UH-60 Blackhawk Turkish Female Pilots hot sexy wome (1).jpg

Admin, xenon54, Falcon and 2 others like this.
  7. Atilla

Atilla Major

They are also used in Polis Special Operations Forces

1-35.jpg

bayan özel harekat timi1.jpg

14.jpg

773217.jpg

32308_1.jpg

bayan-özel-harekat.jpg

bayan-terorle-mucadele.jpg

igdirkadinozelharekatpolisipolis17.jpg

The two police operators in the video are married. Both are currently operating against PKK terrorists in South Eastern Turkey. The woman is of Chechen origin. :O---:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
    Admin, Falcon, AMDR and 1 other person like this.
  8. T-123456

T-123456 Captain Staff Member International Mod

No, only as an absolute last resort.
    Some armies are just not ready for women in combat units.
    Im certainly not ready for it,i guess im oldschool.
    I dont want to imagine a sister(female soldier) been taken hostage by terrorists or as a prisoner of war by our enemies.

Falcon likes this.
  9. Falcon

Falcon Major Staff Member Social Media Team

Yes men are subject to all sorts of violence as well but I think this whole discussion on whether or not women should be in combat has to do with a number of things including history, and culture. Historically in our societies (western) men go to war or the front line and not women so this is a big barrier to get around. The whole concept of brothers in arms, sleeping in the same fox hole with a buddy, sharing pictures of your family with other guys will change. I think alot of guys don't like the thought of this. Not only that but also getting around the idea that men are supposed to protect the home from from invading males (The enemy riding in with horses and snatching up our women in the village) now being changed.

10. xenon54

xenon54 Officer Candidate

Falcon likes this.