The war on ISIS

Discussion in 'U.S. Army' started by BlueHawk, Jul 7, 2017.

Share This Page

1. BlueHawk

BlueHawk Captain

Hobby:
    Sport

It cross my mind. Maybe the Iraqi war can be success war after ISIS. Maybe the Iraqi ppl is tired of war. And if they can see the government is starting building up there country slowly the hart and mind will settle with the Americans. I look forward to see how the outcome will be and wish all the best for Americans. So u guys can pack this in and say it was a good war.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    Falcon likes this.
  2. Falcon

Falcon Lieutenant Colonel Staff Member Social Media Team

The problem with Iraq is that all of the underlying issues that led up to the creation of ISIL are still in place. Politically what has changed in the country? Almost nothing, as matter of fact things don't like they will be getting any better. The Kurds are planning a referendum on Independence, will Baghdad stand by when Erbil says that it wants to part ways? I think not.

The areas liberated from ISIL are now war torn, without foreign investments those areas will never be rebuilt hence the locals will not be able to return. Which countries will fund Iraq's reconstruction? Does Iran have the money to do so? Will Sunni states in the Middle East invest in a country controlled by Shia Iran? Is America still interested in nation building? Does Russia have the funds or the interest to rebuild Iraq? The one question all potential investors have to ask and asnwer is whether or not 5 years down the road after they built their fancy apartments, hospitals, and infrastructure is whether or not another sectarian or ethnic conflict will destroy everything they built.

Pathfinder likes this.
  3. YarS

YarS Lieutenant Colonel

Hobby:
    Wh40k, Battletech
    Russia have better things that "funds". Russia have a methodology of solution. If total wealth is decreased, and average wealth should be increased - what you should to do? It's math - you need to decrease population. Just start massive campaigne of elumination ISIS-supporters and hidden extremists. For example - build Christian temples in most Islamistic regions.
    [​IMG]
    Then - kill everybody who will try to damage it, and give their property to more tolerant citisens. Then - build bar with vodka and local whores, and send to Siberia (or EU& USA) everybody who will say bad things about it, and give their property to more loyal to any actions of government. Then - make military parade and pro-Putins meetings, and... Yes, now you know what to do. Population will decrease in two times, but remains will be twice more rich, loyal and tolerant (for what you need).
    And yes, stability will allow to get invests in local industry.
    Really, you should not quench flame with wads of cash. First you need flood fire with water (or blood).

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  4. Pathfinder

Pathfinder Lieutenant Colonel

I don't think Russia has carried out the tactic you are claiming, its looks like you are showing the caucasus in your picture. Russia took one of the top leaders of the Chechen resistance and gave him power thus keeping the region under control, Putin also shows the image of conservatism in the face of the West which is something appealing to Muslims. The caucasus has also been successfully rebuilt. I think what you said to do is the complete opposite of what Russia has done. You can even see Muslim preachers going around with Putin along with Christian Preachers. So in my opinion those are all factors that appease the local population. The population decrease is probably the locals traveling to other parts of the country for work.

In Aleppo, Russia used Chechen paramilitary forces to patrol the city because they have an understanding of the cultural and religious sensitivities of the local population. There have even been rumors that Russia wants Central Asian troops in Idlib province under a deal with the Turks.

I fully agree with @Falcon , IS will defeated but the underlying issues will remain so another group will probably rise and cause headache again not only in Iraq but Syria as well. Will the locals in Syria accept rule under communism? Does anybody remember why the Afghans rested the Soviet Union so much? Because they said that communism was not compatible with Islam.

5. Pathfinder

Pathfinder Lieutenant Colonel

I felt more excited when OBL was killed, this guy was no fun. |Eggonface|

Osmanovic likes this.
  6. BlueHawk

BlueHawk Captain

Hobby:
    Sport
    The ting America need to do now is the use the cards they have with full potensial. No western countries is interest in investing or using any money. Not even USA. First America need to get guarantee from the Iraqi government that people is willing to have peace. And that the military Iraqi force are able to have control. When those to step are in place. Iraqi need to use there part of the oil money they make to invest in rebuilding step by step. What is going to happen whit the Kurds i dont know. But America need to use them for something. What options they have i am not sure. When people in Iraq see and can be apart of rebuilding and make money. They will see hope. Step by step. And then we can start promise the people better future. And other countries will start investing money and work for Iraqi people. But if as long the people dont want peace, America need to play hard till they are tired of war. So the people choose peace hope and work

7. BlueHawk

BlueHawk Captain

Hobby:
    Sport
    for those who dont understand phycology thinking. If the people for one city start rebuilding there destroyed city. They are not interest in doing the same mistake by seeing the city get destroyed again what they have all ready build by there own hands

8. YarS

YarS Lieutenant Colonel

Hobby:
    Wh40k, Battletech
    Yes, it is a Temple of Archangel Michail in Grozniy.

It is simplification.

And this, too. He have both carrot and stick, he can use both of them, and he is truthworthly enough for be respected by Muslims (not only them, of course).

On what money? Yes, there are some Moscow donations, there are money of Russian soldiers and cops, spend in local markets and restoraunt , but also big amount is sends from European relatives from Chechen refugees and Chechen Mafia.
    No. It's just another side of medal.

Russian Ortodox Church have a good relations with Muslims (I mean true Muslims, not Salafites).

And in other countries too. And they send money in Russia.

Sure. When you know local sensitives, You can better be good or bad for locals. You, Yanks, try to feed this sheep's with stick, and beat them with carrot.

Everybody will be ready accept communism when there will be appropriate technologies.

As for me, communistic ideology is an interesting thing, but we have no technological level necessary for it, yet.
    I'd made special thread to discuss about technologies of Communism.
    http://www.americanmilitaryforum.com/forums/threads/road-to-the-communism.2170/

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    Pathfinder likes this.