US Air Force Secretary Wilson on the Light Attack Aircraft

Discussion in 'U.S. Air Force' started by Dook, May 29, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Dook

Dook 2nd Lieutenant

Hobby:
    Technology
    The Secretary of the Air Force Heather Wilson was just on C-SPAN saying that you don't need to use an F-22 or an F-35 to blow up an ISIS truck. She says the cost per hour of the F-22 and F-35 were much more than the light attack aircraft the Air Force is now testing.

Here's the thing, those F-22 and F-35 aircraft are going to fly regardless. Pilots have to maintain their qualifications so they have to fly a certain number of day and night hours every month. And maintenance departments don't want aircraft to sit for more than a week because hydraulic seals will dry out and begin to leak, engine oil will settle, batteries will drain down, and tires will get flat spotted.

She's not going to save any money at all with the light attack aircraft. She's actually wasting money on a new weapons system that has much less capability than the A-10.

These people are not as smart as they think they are and have a limited understanding of the real issues.

2. BlueHawk

BlueHawk Major

Hobby:
    Sport
    Well..when you have a F-35 that cant sit still for 2 weeks..than you have a serius problem. What you bring on the table here is Horse S.

A comander think like this. If you have a new tech plane you would like to use it as much as u can. So the tech and what djuce the tactical plane can deliver. The more you drill it in to the Army to better you will do when you really need to perform against tuff enemy.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  3. Dook

Dook 2nd Lieutenant

Hobby:
    Technology
    You're such a total idiot. Once again you are showing your ignorance acting like you know something when you know absolutely nothing.

How long do batteries hold a charge before natural discharging idiot?

How many volts/amps do you need to battery start an aircraft engine idiot?

What happens to car tires when the car sits for long periods of time idiot?

What happens to an engine when it has not been run in a long time idiot?

What happens to a hydraulic system seals that haven't been lubricated in a long time idiot?

You can have an F-35 sit for 2 weeks, that shouldn't be too much of a problem, much longer than that and you will have a problem.

If the battery is low and you use all of it's power to start the engine then you may not have enough power to use emergency systems so, what does that mean, it means they will have to remove and recharge the battery BEFORE attempting a battery start. Also, you might want to look up scheduled inspections. They are based upon the calendar, every week an aircraft gets a certain inspection, and they are based upon flight hours and even landings. The inspections get more intense until you have to bring the aircraft inside a hangar and remove a lot of panels and test things and do corrosion inspections. That means you can't just fly one or two aircraft and let all the others sit. The more you fly the aircraft the quicker the inspections you will have to do. So, you can't just fly a few aircraft a lot and not fly the others.

Also, your squadron will have as many pilots as aircraft and they need to fly once a week during the day and once a week during the night so you're going to have to use all or almost all of your aircraft.

Add in tire changes, brake changes, hydraulic system servicing and leaks, daily inspections, oxygen system servicing, avionics component replacements, bird strike inspections, lightning inspections, corrosion inspections, paint touch up, and you have a complicated system that mixes up the aircraft just to make flights.

You don't know any of this because you're just an idiot and what makes you an even bigger idiot than a normal idiot is that you don't even know how stupid you are.

4. BlueHawk

BlueHawk Major

Hobby:
    Sport
    Well it is not hard to tell you are trying hard to ban me from this forum. U.S. Army have allot of mess on me on this forum to ban me for a long time ago. They will never ban me from the forum. They want to keep me around. So save your stupidity.

5. Dook

Dook 2nd Lieutenant

Hobby:
    Technology
    I can't ban you from the forum. I'm just a visitor here like you are. If I had the power to ban you I would have used it a long time ago because you constantly post nonsense that shows you know absolutely nothing about the US or the US military or aircraft or any military system.

If you were actually here to learn there is a great deal that others could teach you but you think you know much more than you really do. Advanced weapons systems are very complex, they are way more complicated than your simple understanding of them.

Real stupidity is not knowing how ignorant you really are.