want to skip out but some difficulties

Discussion in 'U.S. Army' started by ordoabchao, Oct 12, 2016.

Share This Page

1. ordoabchao

ordoabchao Officer Candidate

Hobby:
    Reading
    Does anybody here know if there are ever any exceptions made to DOD enlistment/activation policy regarding major surgery? I just had a pec tendon repaired in June. I'm rehabbing, and I'm able to crank out full pushups fine already. I should be just about 100% in January. The thought of waiting any longer, at 33 years of age and given current circumstances and recent events in my life, is really difficult to conscience.

Also had a recent sinus surgery, but don't think that should count as "major" -- it was an easy outpatient procedure from which I've recovered fully. It was just to cauterize nerves responsible for allergies.

Anyhow, I'm itching to get out of dodge, and I'm eager to know if there might be any sort of exceptions to the 1 year rule on major surgery.

2. Freyja

Freyja 2nd Lieutenant

1/2 Gaming 1/2 Baking
    Hobby:
    Video Games
    @Technofox will be able to help you, but from what I know, it's up to you doctor. No one's going to say no to your doctor if they say you're fully healed and able to perform your duties, so I'd expect that an exemption can be made.

Are you looking to leave the service or get back to work?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  3. ordoabchao

ordoabchao Officer Candidate

Hobby:
    Reading
    Guess there was a misunderstanding. I am not currently a servicemember, but I'm looking to enlist or possibly/eventually commission.

Tags: