What are the chances of my criminal waiver being approved?

Discussion in 'U.S. Air Force' started by Corso, Mar 27, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Corso

Corso Officer Candidate

Hobby:
    Altruism
    Hi all, so long story short, I live in Arizona and was caught with a joint at a high school party during my senior year and charged with possession of marijuana. I am currently going through a 90 day sobriety testing period (TASC Solutions) And once that it over with my felony drug charge for possession of marijuana will be expunged. I know the military doesn't care about expunging, but It shows that I clearly do not want this on my record. Other than that hiccup, I have graduated high school, have about 500 community service hours and scored a 78 on ASVAB. So that hiccup is the only thing holding me back from joining at this point. (I was talking to a marines recruiter for a year but recently concluded that USAF would be a better choice) So my question is, does anyone know if the USAF is going to deny me because of the felony drug charge? Or in this case, any Military branch? What could i possibly do, (If anything) to help my chances of joining? I want to join military more than anything. I assume the laws will change in the next couple years, once trump is out for sure, in high school I had a group of about 10 friends, including me, that were all going to join military but were all caught with weed and got felony drug charges, after that happened they all gave up on military but I can't let anyone say no to me so i'm going to try to join again after my charge has been expunged.

2. BlueHawk

BlueHawk Major

Hobby:
    Sport
    I dont think it will be a problem. If they would ask you. It sound like you can speak well for your self. Good Luck!