what should Tunisia Replace With

Discussion in 'The Middle East & North Africa' started by K.Mootaz23, Apr 23, 2017.

Share This Page

1. K.Mootaz23

K.Mootaz23 2nd Lieutenant

Former conscript soldier
    Hello Guys as we all Know Tunisia is one of the Few Armies in the world to Use the Steyr AUG since the early 80' like Austria and the Weapon is Getting old and absolute so what You think that should Tunisia Get as it's next service Rifle
    picture for Tunisian Army
    Soldiers holding AUG A1
    [​IMG]

this picture to Tunisian Special Forces in 2012
    [​IMG]

and this Tunisian Special Forces Operative holding M4 (2017 )
    [​IMG]

Osmanovic and Kat like this.
  2. Kat

Kat 1st Lieutenant

Kat
    Hobby:
    =^_^=
    Depends on several criteria:

• New rifle? Or purchased from another country's stocks?
    • Price range?
    • Caliber?
    • Preferred country of origin (Russian versus German versus American, etc.)?
    I'd never say no to the HK-416 which has been shown able to work in all environments, but at roughly 2000 USD per rifle is also very expensive.

IMG_0903.jpg

If Tunisia is willing to go with a Russian weapon, the AK-103 is a rugged, reliable choice. Saudi Arabia, Iran and Libya all have stocks of these weapons. Tunisian Army equipment is sourced mostly from Western Europe and North America, so this might not be the best option given the unfamiliarity with Russian suppliers and arms. Not a bad rifle though.

[​IMG]

France is replacing its FAMAS with the HK416, so stocks might become available at discount prices, if that;s something Tunisia would be interested in. I'm not too hot on the rifle myself though.

[​IMG]

Keeping with the theme of acquiring stocks from another nation, the United States Marine Corps is in the process of phasing out the M16 for the M4. Again, surplus M16s might become an option.

[​IMG]

Personally if it's found to be cost appropriate, I'd rather see the HK416 enter Tunisian service, but there are some good options out there. I'd advise against moving up to an intermediate caliber though, on cost concerns. Not everyone is Pakistan who needs a 7.62 main service rifle.

Osmanovic likes this.
  3. K.Mootaz23

Former conscript soldier
    Ak is something Hard to go to due to our good relation with USA ( Non NATO Major Allie ) and we already got AK from China is Used by Tunisian Army GTS ( Desert Regiment )
    [​IMG]

I think that for Tunisia they can get an upgraded version of the Steyr or go to Australian Copy the F-90

[​IMG]

this my opinion because faster to adapt the soldiers to the F-90 and we already have the mags and ammo ​

Osmanovic likes this.
  4. Osmanovic

Osmanovic 1st Lieutenant

Turkish MPT-76

Let's see how she does in the Pakistani infantry rifle competition.

5. K.Mootaz23

Former conscript soldier
    it's good rifle but 7.62 isn't available here much because as we use the Steyr AUG which is a 5.56 so if Turkey have a other version from the MPT with 5.56 Caliber that will make it great choice

Osmanovic likes this.
Tags: