Why do U.S. Allies Fear U.S. Power?

Discussion in 'U.S. Strategic Affairs' started by Pathfinder, Aug 1, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Pathfinder

Pathfinder Lieutenant Colonel

Globally, more people see U.S. power and influence as a major threat

BY DOROTHY MANEVICH AND HANYU CHWE

Concerns about American power and influence have risen in countries around the world amid steep drops in U.S. favorability and confidence in the U.S. president.

Across 30 nations surveyed by Pew Research Center both in 2013 and this spring, a median of 38% now say U.S. power and influence poses a major threat to their country, up 13 percentage points from 2013.

Concerns about U.S. power as a threat are comparable to worries over Chinese and Russian power in much of the world. About three-in-ten around the globe name China or Russia as a major threat.

It’s worth noting that worries about all three countries trail concerns about other tested threats. People are much more likely to feel threatened by ISIS and climate change, in particular, but also by the condition of the global economy, cyberattacks, and refugees from countries like Iraq and Syria.

[​IMG]
    Nevertheless, the proportion of the public that views American power as a major threat to their country grew in 21 of the 30 nations between 2013 and 2017. The largest increases occurred in Spain (42 percentage points), Chile (34 points), and Turkey and Ghana (28 points each).

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Osmanovic and YarS like this.
  2. BlueHawk

BlueHawk Captain

Hobby:
    Sport
    Public views is never accurate. It is up to person to person. A smart person can have very different views that the person who is less smart. It is all bout knowledge and how close you work with American. Lets say military from every country. There you will find a better answer. Or maybe from the intell world you will also find answer. They work closer to government and military. Ask them and you will find a better answer. Civil people get influenced by most likely with wrong information. But i sit with allot of other information how many Europe countries think and behave toward America military. That must be more interesting for America to find out. Than some civil people. I can speak behalf to most Europe countries. Would you like to find out? But the question is what can you do about it and is there any point of me to give you guys this information on this level. So fare you guys havent proven that communication is good enough and important information gets to the right place. I would be more concerned with inn rather think about what civil people think. Give me information what you guys understand what intell in Europe and military think..then we can start talking..Then i will give you the hottest news about every Europe countries!

If you think i am bs you. I will challange any intell any middle rank in US Army. Till it gets to the top level

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  3. YarS

YarS Lieutenant Colonel

Hobby:
    Wh40k, Battletech
    As for me, first reason is using American Military Power to win economic advantage to US-economic, not to economic of their "allies". Especially it is clear in situation with new "anti-Russian, anti-Iran, anti-DPRK sanctions" (in fact - "anti-European sanctions"), US-proxies (like ISIS and FSA) in Middle East had been harmed European interests.
    Second - they afraid to be targets in pro-US coups. Turkey also was US-ally, but USA had support attempt of anti-government coup there.
    Third - they afraid to be targets in new Russian-USA war.

Osmanovic likes this.
  4. BlueHawk

BlueHawk Captain

Hobby:
    Sport
    @YarS This is nerd answer. What do you think other people think who is not nerd. Do they think same you do. Something to think about.

5. YarS

YarS Lieutenant Colonel

Hobby:
    Wh40k, Battletech
    As our American friends say: "Money talks, BS walks". In the modern world main motivations depends from money. So, people don't like when other try to steal their money. Europeans don't want to pay 400$ for 1000 m^3 of US-gas, when they can pay 120$ for 1000^3 for Russian gas.

Osmanovic and BlueHawk like this.
  6. BlueHawk

BlueHawk Captain

Hobby:
    Sport
    @YarS Can Norway get the gas for 120$ :)? If i get for 100 i will sell the gas and much more u do to day :)?

7. YarS

YarS Lieutenant Colonel

Hobby:
    Wh40k, Battletech
    Sure. If you will exit from NATO, of course, or invest some money in building of new pipe.

8. BlueHawk

BlueHawk Captain

Hobby:
    Sport
    @YarS hehe..You know what it look like America is going to put some more sanctions on your country..Russia will make even less money. I think we can sort some out. all of you gas will go true Norway..No Germany only Norway..And i will make sure Russia will make money. What do u say Yars :)?

9. BlueHawk

BlueHawk Captain

Hobby:
    Sport
    @YarS i will build the pipe line in no time

YarS likes this.
  10. Osmanovic

Osmanovic 1st Lieutenant

America's allies fear it because America won many of its friends after WW2 and they were either occupied or too weak to resist American influence.

Examples include Japan, Germany, Philippines, Western Europe etc. Now the US has earned its allies in the middle east, but of course America received a lot of money but those monarchies know that the US can take them down at any moment.

YarS likes this.
Tags: