Aloha from the big island

Discussion in 'Members Introduction' started by rrob, Nov 13, 2017 at 8:45 PM.

Share This Page

1. rrob

rrob Officer Candidate

Just wanted to say Howzit to everyone out there. I am in my sixties, retired and for the last 17 years live on the Big Island in a small town named Volcano. It is about a mile and a half from the Kilauea Volcano located in the Volcanoes National park. My family has been here for over 200 years and originally from Portugal when my great great grandfather (a famous horseman in Portugal) took a commission from Kamehameha the Great and moved to the Kingdom to teach riding and horsemanship to the Hawaiians. My wife is Kanaka Maoli (Native Hawaiian. I am proud of the service to this land by my family who have shed blood, sweat, and tears over the centuries to build and defend this place my home. Many of my family have served in the military faithfully and some have paid the ultimate price in her defense I look forward to a pleasant time here, and hope to learn a little something and maybe share a thing or two..
    Aloha No Ka Kou

2. BlueHawk

BlueHawk Captain

Hobby:
    Sport
    @rrob Nice to read your intro. Welcome and feel home as American would say to Hawaii. Met some people from Hawaii true gaming when i was younger. And people from there is easy to like.

Pathfinder likes this.
  3. T-123456

T-123456 Captain Staff Member International Mod

Welcome to the forum.

Pathfinder likes this.
  4. Pathfinder

Pathfinder Lieutenant Colonel

Great intro and family story, looking forward to reading your comments and content.