Life Insurance

Discussion in 'U.S. Army' started by Austin, Apr 11, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Austin

Austin Officer Candidate

I read through my contract and saw that in 2014 i put the maximum coverage of 400k dollars to give to my dad or my brother.
    I'm going to be honest, i want to kill myself. I'm more than useless alive anyway and this will really help my family. I want to know if SGLI will cover suicide. I'm not deployed nor have i deployed before.

2. Dook

Dook 2nd Lieutenant

Hobby:
    Technology
    I was in a unit that had a guy commit suicide. Another guy had a truck fall on him and was crushed. Those things really mess up the unit for a while. They brought in counselors but to us the counselors were just strangers coming in to tell you what you should feel and they didn't even know the guys.

Whatever you are going through I absolutely guarantee that it is temporary. Over time things change more than you could ever imagine. Don't try and hold yourself to an impossible standard that no one can live up to, everyone makes mistakes, we all screw up. Try to learn and evolve and become a better person and disconnect yourself from those that are not positive influences in your life.

Learn to be happy by yourself, without needing others to provide you with anything. Only then you can really be happy with others.

Learn to appreciatte simple things in life. Go hiking or fishing. Plant a vegetable garden. Get a pet. Take a college class. Check out some books from the library. Find a positive distraction so the military is not your entire life.

See your military time as a challenge. See it through, you signed a contract. Finish it. And don't reward your dad and brother with a lottery ticket in exchange for your life. It's your life, they have theirs.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018