The Syrian Civil War

Discussion in 'The Middle East & North Africa' started by Admin, Oct 5, 2015.

Share This Page

1. yavar

yavar Captain

Hobby:
    job
  2. Dook

Dook 2nd Lieutenant

Hobby:
    Technology

If Assad wins he can stop the natural gas pipeline? There are large ships that can transport natural gas.

So you want bases in Syria? You want to be closer to the culture where men hold hands with men?

Syria can give criminals as targets for your drills? You're sick in the head.

Russia needs land, resources, ports, oil, gas, and so on? Russia is the largest country in the world. All of that land is full of resources you are not using. What would you do with a port, you barely have a navy. Russia is also one of the top oil and natural gas producers in the world, so, you don't need more.

Dictators can force rich guys to pay for state needs? So the poor and regular Russian people don't have to pay any taxes then?

Since 1999 Russians citizens wealth has increased five times? Because before that you were all living in slum buildings and eating the same soup every night. Captialism works if you know how to improve efficiency. You're still learning how.

There are no "poor" in Russia? Because all of you are the same poor and none of you have ever been anywhere else so you don't even know you're some of the poorest people on the planet.

Your level is higher than middle class USA? No, it's not, and it's not even close. Over 90% of US homes have vehicles and most of them have two cars. The US is ranked second in per person average wage. Russia is not in the top 35 and not even listed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_average_wage

There are treaties that aggression is bad? You mean peace treaty. We have signed peace treaties with some countries but not with the UN. The UN is not a nation.

You're sure I know there are such things as internet and sat-tv? I know about those things, I just don't know that you know about those things. Putin and Kim Jung Il like to control the information that their people have access to.

Which of the tennis players uses steroids, Venus Williams or Maria Sharapova? The Tennis Association tests it's players so we already know the answer to that.

The Russians who leave Russia are not good enough? They are doing fine in the USA.

GDP is a virtual number? It is. It's like having money in your wallet and when someone asks you how much money you have you say $20 because that's how much you really have in your wallet but you don't actually show them the money.

Banning religion was purification? Right, just like Stalin "purified" your country.

These are average US medium income homes and they are building them as fast as they can in every city:
    Suburbs 2.jpg
    La-Vergne-Homes-For-Sale-Nashville-Suburbs.jpg

Suburbs.jpg

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  3. Dook

Dook 2nd Lieutenant

Hobby:
    Technology
    Nice Russian Television Network video of Syrian SAM's but cruise missiles fly low, they don't fly high in the sky so those SAM's flying high into the sky and exploding were not hitting anything.

Did you see this?

I wonder what caused the Barzah three story chemical weapons building and the other chemical weapons buildings in northern Syria to fall down?

4. YarS

YarS Lieutenant Colonel

Hobby:
    Wh40k, Battletech
    1) Warm from the cruise missiles is much less then from ballistic missiles.
    2) Russia is the big country, you can not watch all of it.
    3) Dont forget about super-duper Russian Hackers.
    Deep-water drones can locate much of them.

UK subs are already hacked - if their missiles will started, they will hit USA.
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...-vulnerable-to-catastrophic-hack-cyber-attack
    I was in China few times. It's a warm place, good for industry and agriculture.
    Yes. They have even saying "You don't to make nails from the good iron, you don't to make soldiers from good men".
    I can also add, that on the recent Army Games they got all awards in the nomination "recon platoon"... It means nothing. It's a question of the culture and psyhology.

Ha! I really wanna see US-carrier after 30 meters close nuclear blast.

5. Dook

Dook 2nd Lieutenant

Hobby:
    Technology
    Our early warning of a cruise missile launch is much less than ballistic missile? It is but our satellites would detect them immediately.

Russia is a big country so we can't watch all of it? About two satellites is what it takes.

I shouldn't forget Russian hackers? We invented hacking.

Russian deep water drones can locate our submarines? Nope. Sea drones have limited range so they can only operate near shoreline or from a ship. You don't have much of a navy so that's not a threat at all. And, our subs don't have to go near your shoreline to launch and no US ballistic missile submarine has ever been detected while at sea.

UK subs already hacked? Information coming to and distributed on board navy ships is controlled and the computers that allow sailors to send messages home are not connected to the ships weapons systems computers.

You want to see a US carrier after a 30 meters close nuclear blast? I was talking conventional explosives, not nukes. You use nukes, we use nukes. And the US conducted nuclear tests against navy ships a long time ago. It has to be a very close hit to do any real damage to the ship but the entire crew will die of radiation exposure within days.